This is part of a series of posts about the Malayalam project on Universalis.
Getting Universalis for the Mac
If you install it now (i.e. in March 2016), the program will cover the whole of March 2016 without requiring you to buy anything.
How to select Malayalam
- Open the Universalis program.
- In the menu at the top of your screen, select “Universalis > Preferences”.
- In the Preferences screen, select the “Translations” tab.
- In the Translations tab, open the “Order of Mass Language” list and select either “Malayalam”or “Malayalam and English”.
Note on fonts: The Mac is quite good at displaying foreign-language scripts, but you may find that some fonts are better than others. You can choose the font by using the menu command “View > Fonts”.
Available Malayalam content
- The Order of Mass page.
- The Readings at Mass page for Holy Week and Easter Sunday.
- The Mass Today page for Holy Week and Easter Sunday. The Mass Today page combines the Order of Mass with the prayers, antiphons and readings of the day.
On days outside this period, the readings at Mass will be blank if you have selected a Malayalam option.