This is part of a series of posts about the Malayalam project on Universalis.
Getting Universalis for iPhone/iPad/iPod
There are two apps, Universalis (£9.99 / Rs. 790) and Catholic Calendar (free).
If you already have Universalis, use it.
If you don’t already have Universalis, get Catholic Calendar. It is free, and it is all you need to view the pages for Holy Week. Either search the App Store for “Universalis”, and then download and install the free Catholic Calendar app, or press the button below:
How to select Malayalam
- Open the app.
- Tap once, anywhere in the middle of the screen, to open the toolbar:
- In the toolbar at the top of the screen, tap on the Settings button: it is on the right-hand side and looks like a cogwheel.
- In the Settings screen, look under “Extra Languages” for the “Order of Mass” item. Tap on it.
- In the list of languages, select either “Malayalam and English” or “Malayalam only”. (If you have an older version of the app, select “English and Malayalam”).
Brief operating instructions are here. For full instructions, open the app and shake the device.
Available Malayalam content
- The Order of Mass page.
- The Readings at Mass page for Holy Week and Easter Sunday.
- The Mass Today page for Holy Week and Easter Sunday. The Mass Today page combines the Order of Mass with the prayers, antiphons and readings of the day.
On days outside this period, the readings at Mass will be blank if you have selected a Malayalam option.